Thursday 23 April 2009

The road to Battambang

Was up at 0520 for a pick up at 0620. When I got on the bus, I was more than pleased to discover that even $5 gets you air con! However, if it wasn’t for my ipod, I may have strangled the driver thouigh. His habit of leaning on the horn every thirty seconds, (or so it seemed) would have driven me to actions rewarded with a few years in a Cambodian jail, if it were not for Exile on Main Street, Death Magnetic, and Exit Planet Dust on full volume, (Thank you Steve Jobs!). We had a stop for food at one of Cambodia’s “Little Chefs”, and arrived in Battambang safely. My accommodation is better than that in Phnom Penh, but still not up to the luxury of The Golden Temple Villa in Siem Reap. However there are things I wanted to see in this area, more later. Found a cool eatery, the Gecko CafĂ©. Staffed totally by females… my gratuity of drinks all round after work was politely declined…

No comments:

Post a Comment