Thursday 23 April 2009

After breakfast, (at a certain little bistro) I was picked up by my driver and guide for the day, Mr. Ok. He took me to the famous bamboo railway, a very exciting time. watch the video for more. He then took me to see how rice pancakes are made, which was both informative and interesting to have a go at. My efforts made it as far as the rubbish heap though. I use too much mixture and am scolded repeatedly by the old lady, who appears to be the boss round these parts. 

Mr. Ok then took me to Wat Ek Phnom, a temple built in the 11th Century. a cpouple of young orphans, (they always seem to be orphans) befriend me and are genuinely helpful, showing me some of the most interesting parts of the ruin. it's amazing how far you can get with pigeon English/Khmer!

After this, I buy lunch for Mr. Ok, and my two new friends, before departing for Battambang.

I went for a walk to look at the interesting Naga sculpture by the river. It is built using parts of weapons, and armaments seized during the Vietnamese invasion. 

I decide to eat at the usual establishment, before retiring early for the night. I must be up for 0630 for my trip back to Siem Reap.

No comments:

Post a Comment