Saturday 11 April 2009


Cambodia, or Kampuchea,

First impressions... Flippin' hot! And equally humid. I'ts abot 1930hrs, Friday night and I've been walkabout, or should I say lostabout! The traffic is mental. It's like Jeremy Clarson said in Vietnam, when you want to cross the road, you just stare dead ahead and walk... dont slowdown, speed up or hesitate. the scores of mopeds and tuk-tuks just seem to flow around you. Prices, well, the hotel sells a can of Angkor Beer (My country, My Beer!) at 75c a can. 5%abv and very nice it is too. Cigarettes, bought two packs (14 in a pack for some reason) for 70c. Traditional Khmer meals are between $2 & $3. Went to a local market tonight, and will be back tomorrow, as I need clothes. and a rucksack to bring all my shopping back in! there are some fabulous galleries here with work by local artists. very beautiful. anyway, that's enough for tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment