Saturday 25 April 2009

Another relaxing day

Had another relaxing day, went for a walk to the Independence Gardens in search of butterflies. Was approached by a young girl, Pisey, who wanted my time for an hour so that she and her friend, Laing could practice their English with me. It was wonderful. We had a long chat about Cambodia, their school, (Pisey cycles 24 km to school every day, Laing cycles 27 km… that’s 48km and 54km a day respectively), and spoke about England, and Manchester. It was too short a time before they had to get back to school, and we parted. Outside the pagoda on the gardens, I was offered two birds (feathered) for a dollar, Lord knows what I’m gonna do with them…

 

Tonight the Gods decided to show their might, I have now experienced a tropical thunderstorm. It was absolutely bucketing it down. Walked into town to get some footage, no small feat for me, as Thunder and lightning terrifies the bejeezus out of me. Got absolutely drenched. But what a show it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment